Landowner Information Service (LIS) Officer
Rural Business Support is seeking expressions of interest from individuals who would like to be involved in a new program to be delivered from 1 July 2020.
The Landowner Information Service (LIS) will provide South Australian rural landowners with impartial, timely and accessible information about mineral resource regulatory requirements, particularly in relation to a request for land access under the Mining Act 1971. This will be delivered as a free, confidential and independent service to eligible landowners.
The LIS will be delivered primarily face-to-face on the landowner’s property, at one of RBS’s regional offices or at a mutually agreed convenient location. Landowners will receive relevant information and support, to enable them to negotiate and engage with resource companies requesting access to their property. The LIS will not provide legal, commercial, financial compensation and/or advocacy-based advice or activities.
The Landowner Information Service Officer (LISO) will work with eligible clients to:
- equip landowners with the knowledge and understanding required to effectively participate in the land access negotiation process required under South Australian law;
- provide landowners with independent information relating to government processes and policy concerning mining activities on their land or other related matters; and
- assist landowners to access relevant government agencies and information, as required.
Tap here for the position description outlining the requirements for the position.
To express interest in working for RBS in this new program, please provide:
- a copy of your resume outlining relevant qualifications and experience
- a cover letter outlining your motivation for working with Rural Business Support and rural people
Please call Andrew Adamson on 0419 815 442 for a confidential discussion or to request further information.