Dairy Pilot Program a Success!
Registrations open for another 30 Dairy Families
Following the success of the pilot program in 2016, registrations are now open for another 30 Dairy families to participate in the Farm Business Strategic Review rollout program in early 2017.
Click for the SA Dairy Rollout Registration Form
What do Dairy Families from the 2016 pilot program say?
- “Absolute necessity”
- “I was sceptical – but it’s useful and full of fresh ideas”
- “Great way to evaluate where your business is at and where you are heading”
- “We have greater understanding of our farm productivity and profitability”
- “Very helpful for assessing future investment plans”
- “It is not intimidating – the facilitators are respectful and knowledgeable”
- “Great that it is a specific and tailored plan for every farm”
- “The program gives you goals, deadlines and the confidence to move forward”
- “Well organised and to the point”
- “Definitely do it!”
- “As a participant in the pilot I recommend this to all dairy families” – John Hunt SADA
An independent survey conducted by Econsearch confirms that dairy families, dairy industry leaders and bankers believe the program is of great economic and personal value.
What is the Farm Business Strategic Review?
A new program that provides on farm support to help dairy family businesses to identify and adopt proven practices in business and production to improve profitability and productivity.
Dairy families who participate in the program will attend a strategic workshop followed by 3 on-farm visits by a farm business specialist. New web tools linked to DairyBase will be used to quickly review the business and identify opportunities for improvement.
The fundamental questions “Where are we? Where are we going? How do we get there? How much will it cost? Will the bank support us? Who will help us?” will be addressed. The program will assist each family business to develop a business and finance strategic action plan.
- Registrations close: 30 March
- Strategic Workshop Fleurieu Region : 30 March, Strathalbyn, Venue TBC
- Strategic Workshop Lower SE Region : 5 April, Gramac Solutions, 1a Hedley St, Mt Gambier
- Farm Visits March 2017 to June 2017
How do I register my family?
Who is supporting the program?
The pilot program in 2016 was funded by a grant from the SA Government through PIRSA. The rollout in 2017 is being funded by DairySA, the SA Dairy Industry Fund and PIRSA.
The Farm Business Strategic Review has been developed by RBS and funded by Primary Industries and Regions SA. RBS acknowledges the support of the Dairy Industry at state and national level.
DairySA, SA Dairy Industry Fund and PIRSA have funded the program rollout in SA Dairy in 2017.